photo tiling program??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nikkipoopers, May 4, 2004.

1. nikkipoopers macrumors newbie

May 4, 2004
    does anyone know of a program that will allow me to take a photograph and automatically tile it up in sections to be able to be printed out on my laser printer, so the picture is larger. Turning, say a 8"x 10" photo into a 32" x 40" photograph tiled. If i am not explaining this correctly, think like you had to print out a banner for a billboard. I see billboard installers, pasteing up the banner in sections.....that's what i want to figure out, how they split the image to have the section aline on the billboard.....thanks
  2. ahmadof macrumors member

Jun 23, 2003
    i don't know of anything to do it auomatically,

but it is very easy in photoshop. just enlarge to the size needed and then show the rulers and crop to 8 X 10. after printing , just erase the crop in the history and crop the next panel, etc.
  3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Feb 11, 2004
    The only problem with that is that if the file doesn't have a high enough resolution it will come out looking like a mosaic tile (extremely bit-mapped)

if you want an 8 x 10 to print to poster size, say 24 x 36 you will need to have the input (or scanned) resolution set to at least 1200 dpi. A standard InkJet printer can handle a very good rendition with a resolution of 360 dpi, so when you enlarge the 8 x 10 300% it will print 24 x 30 at 400dpi (1200 / 3). Then you can do as ahmadof says.