photobooth and comic strip on a PPC mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by student_trap, Apr 25, 2006.

1. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

is this possible? can i burn the apps off of my girlfriends mbp and install them on my powerbook? i understand that i'll need an isight, but still!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, it's not really legal to transfer most apps that way. I don't know about Comic Book, but I know FrontRow can not legally be installed on your PowerBook. :eek:

Added to this is the PPC/Intel issue. So long as the apps are Universal Binary, and you have the appropriate licence to use them on another machine (freeware, for example), then it shouldn't be a problem. :)

3. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

comic life works...
    not sure about photobooth.. in theory it should
    but as stated you should buy a licence for each.

and you cannot simply use the disks from the mbp, you would need to use a different program to pull the packages off of them, (search the forums you'll find its name).

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Pacifist

As noted above using these pacages on another machine is illegal. PhotoBooth cannot be bought, but Comic Life certainly can. Apple pay them for licenses for the machines they ship (and almost certainly at a massivley reduced rate for buying in bulk). Small developers like these are the lifeblood of the Mac platform. Support then, don't steal.

5. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

cheers guys, i didn't realise that comic life was available to buy, i'd rather my own copy anyway, so i'll pick that up.

If apple released photobooth as an app i'd buy an isight in a second, shame about that:(

6. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

Photo booth works fine, I acquired it for my iMac G5 Rev B, and just use my firewire video camera with it. I only used it once though, it seems you really need the convenience of the iSight right in front of you to use it properly.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think comic book/strip whatever should be in the ilife suite.
    If it is then I didn't notice it.

8. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

cool - I had fun playing with comic life at the store the other day. I think I'll pick that up.

best. comic app. ever.

9. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

It is bundled with new Macs, so it doesn't need to be in iLife.

10. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Stupid Question as I am probably breaking the law but, any idea where I could aquire Photobooth?

I'm dead against software piracy, so its rare I ask something like this!

Just I can't justify buying a new Mac for a piece of software that I can't purchase seperatley... otherwise, I would :p

11. student_trap thread starter macrumors 68000

student_trap

just as a heads up, apparently the deluxe version of comic strip is so much better than the one that ships with the mbp's, it has many more options and is better overall. A friend bought it this week and is so happy with it...just to let you all know!