Photobucket is a Liar!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MACDRIVE, Aug 14, 2006.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I try to reduce an image that is 1600 x 1200 down to 25%. Photobucket says "Image Resized" but then when I go to post it in a forum, it's still the original size! :mad:

2. Daddysgirl macrumors newbie

try downloading irfanview its an image program. if you go to resize there i've never had any problems

3. reh macrumors 6502a

Irfanview is a Windows application. This is a Mac forum. MACDRIVE, I'm not familiar with photobucket, but you could use iPhoto to resize your pics.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Photobucket sucks. Just use iPhoto to resize your images.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I hate to point out the obvious, and I'm sure you're way smarter than this, but are you sure your browser is not caching the larger version of the image? Since they have the same image name and come from the same source, browsers can think that it is still the larger image (for you only, because you already loaded the image). Try holding shift and reloading the forum page in which you posted the image.

6. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

7. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Thank You everyone for your help. I've never used iPhoto, but it's right there on the Dock. Maybe I should learn how to use it. :)

Edit: I downloaded iResize, but I have no clue how to take an image from iResize and asign it an image code for posting. That is the purpose of an image host I guess. :confused: