Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
All from Infest 2004 - gallery here.
--

UK electroclash band Action directe.
--

German futurepop band Plastic.
--

German electro band Spetsnaz.

Wish I had a camera with a fast enough shutter to attempt anything other than blurry atmospherics...

ocellnuri

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2004
Raleigh, NC, USA
It's not going to win any awards, but I enjoy the 'contrast'.

I did this photo for a head-to-head comparison of the two products.

Attachments

• DSC02131 (Small).JPG
    DSC02131 (Small).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 118

MacMumm

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2003
Oregon
Here is a shot I took while on vacation last week. It was taken in a place called Lava Canyon, just a few miles south east of Mt. St. Helens. I thought the contrast of the rocks and the water was fun. :)

Attachments

• Water-Curve-2.jpg
    Water-Curve-2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 119

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
First time I've posted to a photography thread ...

self-portrait taken a week and a half ago at my girlfriends house .. 'red white and blue'

DSC02353.JPG

Sony DSC-V1 67mm, f/3.2, 3 sec @ ISO 100 (35mm equiv)

MacBandit

macrumors 604
MacMumm said:
Here is a shot I took while on vacation last week. It was taken in a place called Lava Canyon, just a few miles south east of Mt. St. Helens. I thought the contrast of the rocks and the water was fun. :)

Hmm I've been all over Mount St. Helens but can't say I recall that location do you have more photos?

MacMumm

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2003
Oregon
MacBandit said:
Hmm I've been all over Mount St. Helens but can't say I recall that location do you have more photos?

The only photo I have found so far is named "Lava Canyon" on my web site:

homepage.mac.com/mumme

It is in the "Mountain Trip 2004" section. I will look and see if I can find some more, I took way too many photos that day!

The canyon is quite close to St. Helens, you have to drive up the south east side to get there, and then park and hike in some. It was the best place I found near St. Helens, but the rain got me towards the end!

MacMumm

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2003
Oregon
MacBandit said:

Ok, so you got me curious, and I thought I would post a couple more of that area...

Attachments

• Lava-Canyon.jpg
    Lava-Canyon.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Lava-Canyon-2.jpg
    Lava-Canyon-2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 126

Spizzo

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Pacific NW
A few I've shot. First one in Maine, next two are Blarney, Ireland. The last is a bridge in the Baltic Sea, i think it was in Denmark...one of the longest bridges in the world.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Wishing steps.JPG
    Wishing steps.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Blarney Castle 6.JPG
    Blarney Castle 6.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Cruise 009.JPG
    Cruise 009.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 133

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
MacManDan said:
First time I've posted to a photography thread ...

self-portrait taken a week and a half ago at my girlfriends house .. 'red white and blue'

Sony DSC-V1 67mm, f/3.2, 3 sec @ ISO 100 (35mm equiv)

Nice Shot! I like the way you selectively desaturated since it's so subtle. The darkness makes you really want to see what you look like. Cool.

If I get time — and if Safari doesn't quit again while I preview my post — I'll try to post some of the pics of the storm that rolled in last night. I'd post them now but I have no way to transfer them. The storm was cool. It was layered, looking sort of like a black cold front with lightning under it. Sadly I only caught flashes where you could see no bolts. I did however see some and one appeared to be about a 1/16" of an inch thick from where I was, which means it was huge. Such goes the life of a lightning capital dweller.

I should've grabbed my SLR but it needed film and I need to shoot two rolls for next week's class so I didn't want to have to waste film. Plus I'd need to grab a tripod and blah blah woof woof (Jimi Hendrix quote there). Anyway it's great to be back in the darkroom again, especially since the girls outnumber the guys like 3 or 4 to 1 (two are lovers though). Don't you just love college? :)

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
oops, forgot to post so i would get the reminder... :(

here's another from Vancouver:
0109.jpg

i'll have to look at all these new photos later... lookin' good people :)

peace.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Here's the storm I was talking about. I took lots of color manipulation to get it to what it looks like, but this is pretty close. It was a strange color outside, hence the red cast on the foreground. It was actually a bit more red in the foreground that is shown in the pic, but I was focusing on the color cast of the clouds which was most important. It was still a bit darker, hence they didn't soak up the red of the sunset, but "you get what you get."

storm.jpg

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
neut said:
oops, forgot to post so i would get the reminder... :(

here's another from Vancouver:

i'll have to look at all these new photos later... lookin' good people :)

peace.

When I saw my inbox and you were the last reply I thought you had already neut-ized my storm pic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.