Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadoctopi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2015
Columbus, OH
Okay, maybe I'm missing something. Here's the setup.
iPhone 6+ iOS beta 9.3 (whatever the recent public release was), macbook pro OSX (10.11.3)
duplicate photo fixer pro (comes into play later)

I have iCloud Photo Library (full res stored, preview on devices checked) turned on for both my phone and the macbook. The number of photos in the "all photos" tab is the same.

So, when I plug my phone in, it wants to import ~500 photos. Okay? Thought they were synced. So I import them. Done and done.

I fire up duplicate photo fixer pro, and the ONLY library I name is the Photos Library in the pictures folder.
I have it set to exact match, and it finds, basically, all the photos I just imported from my phone to photos.

So I wipe them. Plug my phone back in, and the cycle begins anew. I guess I'm not understanding why photos would pull, much less even see, 500 photos that needed importing, when my entire phone should be synced anyways? Is this normal behavior?

If anyone thinks I'm crazy, that's cool, I'm starting to eat my own hair. So you're not wrong.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Um, why the duplicate "fixer"? From your description it seems it finds the photos you just imported and deletes them, requiring that they be reimported.

If at some point Photos lost the images that were synced to your phone it would, of course, have to reimport them.

I'd be suspicious that the "fixer" is finding duplicates that aren't really duplicates. Have you checked inside the library? the Masters folder often includes the master while the Preview folder contains a preview with the exact same name, but they're not duplicates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.