photos of an iPod mini with cracked LCD - not covered under ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Mar 16, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

I think most LCD screens would crack if sat upon. This is why children who are not responsible enough should not be given expensive toys. :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 68000

SilvorX

that's why you put it in a side pants pocket, unless if that's what he did :S

4. macrumors member

I don't put my phone, ipod, pda or anything like that in my back pocket. When you are paying that much for a toy, you have to take care of it. Not to say that the kids at fault but still.

5. macrumors 65816

Photorun

Dumbass mother for giving her son, clearly a bone head, a work of art. Little sympathy here (does little violins with fingers). I bet it's some dumb soccer mom giving it to her hellion snotfaced 12 year old unruly undisciplined little brat who gets whatever he wants. Things aren't toys.

6. macrumors 603

aswitcher

7. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Duh! I dont carry my iPod in my back pocket either for the same reason, if I sit on it I will break it. (except I am not a 10 year old kid) but the same rule applys

8. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

while i don't get why he sat on it, it should be obvious not to do so

lcd screens for 20 years?

9. macrumors 6502a

mrsebastian

10. macrumors regular

montex

$249 down the drain? I don't think so. Sell the broken mini on eBay. People will buy it just for the CF hard drive, which sells for $500 by itself.

11. macrumors 6502a

Woah, geeze, calm down dude. How said she bought it?

Frankly, I don't feel any sympathy for her or her son. He broke the damn screen in a week by sitting on it.

12. macrumors regular

I smell "IPODS UNREPLACABLE BATTERY ONLY LASTS 18 MONTHS: The Sequel"

13. macrumors member

I never got expensive toys as a kid, the only way I have ever been able to get my gadgets is to buy them my self. Just the other day I was at work and I had my iPod mini on my belt, and this little girl, must have been about 10, was telling me that she had the pink one. That kind of caught me off guard. I mean it's cool and all, but just not something that I would expect.

14. macrumors G5

nagromme

I broke my iPod. Now Apple won't take responsibility and pay me for what I did!

15. macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

Lcd screens have been around for about 20 -30 years as for the prat that sat on his mini LMAO .... If it came like that id be asking questions going into an apple store and saying my Kid sat on his mini it cracked of course there not gona replace it :D bloody idiots

16. macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Should have gotten insurance on it. I've got my iPod covered for anything that might happen. It's only a few dollars extra a year.