Photos of Apple's New Passeig de Gràcia Retail Store in Barcelona

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 26, 2012.

1. MacRumors, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012

macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Last week, we highlighted the unique construction barrier art in place at Apple's forthcoming Passeig de Gràcia retail store in Barcelona, Spain. The art, which consisted of tile mosaics using images of Apple iOS app icons and honoring the style of Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí, surrounded the store during the final phases of construction leading up to grand opening scheduled for this Saturday, July 28.

With the grand opening just two days away and Apple making preparations to open the store for the media and then the public, the construction barriers have come down and Cult of Mac has been able to shoot some photos through the windows of the new store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Despite the Gaudí-influenced signage promoting the store's opening, Apple appears to have maintained its usual style for the store itself, using its typical stone, wood, and metal finishes to create a clean, open feel inside the store. With three levels, the large store offers a full range of Apple products on display, as well as a large Genius Bar and a theater.
    [​IMG]

Apple's new Passeig de Gràcia store opens to the public at 10:00 AM on Saturday.

Article Link: Photos of Apple's New Passeig de Gràcia Retail Store in Barcelona

2. macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

3. macrumors 6502

I like the caption-less pictures in the 2nd photo.

4. macrumors regular

jasonxneo

looks cozy! ;) Nice place to take your girlfriend! :p

5. macrumors regular

...Okay, another apple store, they all look the same! Lol

6. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

I think it's time they opened stores in countries they don't have any stores in.. :(

7. macrumors 65816

Don't make the already broke teenagers broker. There's a crisis going on.

8. macrumors 68020

guzhogi

9. macrumors 603

Rocketman

I wonder what they did with the panels they took down and got so much buzz? Maybe they could donate them to a modern art museum.

10. macrumors 65816

It's obvioulsy in the pipeline when there's already the European Hub in Cork it's a mistery why it's taken this long.

11. macrumors 6502

mex4eric

Looking forward to the next pictures on Saturday and after, teeming with customers.

12. macrumors 68030

WardC

I like it, very retro...reminds me of going to Neiman Marcus in the 1980s -- I think the large square columns and the ceiling lighting is very cool...very classic, and very upscale, unlike the bright fluorescent stuff you normally see blinding you at Apple Stores.

13. macrumors regular

Does anyone know which headphones they have on display? The ones which are connected to the iPods in the last picture?

14. macrumors 603

bedifferent

Ditto. Liking the recessed low voltage lighting, makes the honey wood tables more noticeable and gives more warmth to the [generally] sterile stores.

15. macrumors 65816

beautiful.. So many (Microsoft/Samsung) try and copy, but it just isn't the same

16. macrumors 68020

gmanist1000

17. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I've been wondering why we still don't have one for a long time now. Stuck having to deal with the crappy resellers or buying online.

18. macrumors newbie

Barcelona has always been at the forefront in retail and industrial interior design... only fitting for Apple store to follow suit on their soil.

19. macrumors 68040

Glideslope

Valid point. You have no money of your own to spend. Stop!!! :apple:

20. macrumors G4

The population of Barcelona and surrounding area is 4.5m people, roughly the same as the entire Republic of Ireland. Don't take it personally, it's all about the density of customers to sell to.

21. macrumors 6502

I want to see how much they sell during El Clásico or when ChelBus visits camp nou next time..

22. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

I guess you're probably right. Oh well. I can hope.

23. macrumors 65816

Northern Ireland has 1.8 million inhabitants with one store i don't think that has anything to with it.

24. macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

I wonder if that store is wheelchair accessible with all those steps?

25. macrumors G4

I get that point, but thanks to Northern Ireland being so much smaller than the Republic it does have a higher population density than The South. It's also not that hard for people to make their way up to Belfast from Dundalk or even Dublin now that the roads around Newry have been upgraded. The Republic is a big place. For instance, it takes nearly four hours to get from Dublin to Cork.