Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, we highlighted the unique construction barrier art in place at Apple's forthcoming Passeig de Gràcia retail store in Barcelona, Spain. The art, which consisted of tile mosaics using images of Apple iOS app icons and honoring the style of Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí, surrounded the store during the final phases of construction leading up to grand opening scheduled for this Saturday, July 28.

With the grand opening just two days away and Apple making preparations to open the store for the media and then the public, the construction barriers have come down and Cult of Mac has been able to shoot some photos through the windows of the new store.

barcelona_passeig_gracia_1.png

barcelona_passeig_gracia_2.jpg

Despite the Gaudí-influenced signage promoting the store's opening, Apple appears to have maintained its usual style for the store itself, using its typical stone, wood, and metal finishes to create a clean, open feel inside the store. With three levels, the large store offers a full range of Apple products on display, as well as a large Genius Bar and a theater.
On the ground floor of the Barcelona Apple Store, about half of the available floor space is taken up with iPhone and iPad displays, spread across twelve tables in three rows. The other half of the floor is taken up by various models of MacBooks, with only a single table devoted to iMacs.

Higher up, the glass staircase leads to the Genius Bar, as well as an in-house theater.

In the basement is where Mac and iOS accessories are stored, which Apple retail employees are now hard at work filling the shelves.
barcelona_passeig_gracia_3.jpg

Apple's new Passeig de Gràcia store opens to the public at 10:00 AM on Saturday.

Article Link: Photos of Apple's New Passeig de Gràcia Retail Store in Barcelona

Last edited by a moderator:

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Don't make the already broke teenagers broker. There's a crisis going on.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
I think it's time they opened stores in countries they don't have any stores in.. :(

It's obvioulsy in the pipeline when there's already the European Hub in Cork it's a mistery why it's taken this long.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I like it, very retro...reminds me of going to Neiman Marcus in the 1980s -- I think the large square columns and the ceiling lighting is very cool...very classic, and very upscale, unlike the bright fluorescent stuff you normally see blinding you at Apple Stores.

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
Does anyone know which headphones they have on display? The ones which are connected to the iPods in the last picture?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
It's obvioulsy in the pipeline when there's already the European Hub in Cork it's a mistery why it's taken this long.

Yeah I've been wondering why we still don't have one for a long time now. Stuck having to deal with the crappy resellers or buying online.

YGAB

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
Barcelona has always been at the forefront in retail and industrial interior design... only fitting for Apple store to follow suit on their soil.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I think it's time they opened stores in countries they don't have any stores in.. :(
The population of Barcelona and surrounding area is 4.5m people, roughly the same as the entire Republic of Ireland. Don't take it personally, it's all about the density of customers to sell to.

hot spare

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2011
I want to see how much they sell during El Clásico or when ChelBus visits camp nou next time..

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The population of Barcelona and surrounding area is 4.5m people, roughly the same as the entire Republic of Ireland. Don't take it personally, it's all about the density of customers to sell to.

I guess you're probably right. Oh well. I can hope.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011

Northern Ireland has 1.8 million inhabitants with one store i don't think that has anything to with it.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Northern Ireland has 1.8 million inhabitants with one store i don't think that has anything to with it.
I get that point, but thanks to Northern Ireland being so much smaller than the Republic it does have a higher population density than The South. It's also not that hard for people to make their way up to Belfast from Dundalk or even Dublin now that the roads around Newry have been upgraded. The Republic is a big place. For instance, it takes nearly four hours to get from Dublin to Cork.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.