Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

th1nk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
anyone got a silver 15 in macbook pro and can post some photos? it seems everyone got the space grey, but I ordered silver because it looks friendlier to me and I was also afraid of the anodizing rubbing off at the ports after a few years...

thanks!

Precursor

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Istanbul
anyone got a silver 15 in macbook pro and can post some photos? it seems everyone got the space grey, but I ordered silver because it looks friendlier to me and I was also afraid of the anodizing rubbing off at the ports after a few years...

thanks!
I have been wondering the same and been searching on google and youtube, but every single review has space grey!

th1nk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I found a video of the 13 inch model in silver, looks really nice! it seems a bit brighter than the previous aluminum? could be imagination...

maybe they are shipping the space grey models first?

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
I got SG but I must admit that silver looks fantastic, particularly in contrast to the colours on the touchbar. I think you cannot go wrong with either colour option though and I'm glad Apple didn't introduce a wide range of colours to dampen the iconic looks of the pro line.

davis_fang

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2016
I would love to see some images of the silver one as well. I personally find the space grey to be so depressing ahahaha

th1nk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I would love to see some images of the silver one as well. I personally find the space grey to be so depressing ahahaha

yeah I understand! this is the reason why my iPad and iPhone are silver/white now, they look much more inviting and less shadowy/dark to me. of course the dark colors also look nice and have more of a coolness factor at first (I bought dark iPhones for a long time), but in the long run I prefer looking at less depressing colors every day.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I don't know why but Silver to me in the photos and videos looks kinda off white do you guys also feel the same?

Last edited:

th1nk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
yeah it definately seems brighter than the previous silver macbooks, i like it! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.