Photos taken with iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tadad1, Sep 8, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Whilst I am still playing the waiting game for the new touch, I would be interested to see some sample pics from different users.

2. macrumors 65816

fel10

Hmmmmm yes it can!!

3. macrumors member

Ipodize

The iPod Touch DOES take stills - but they're only 0.7 mp.

4. macrumors member

macnerdiac

ya it does you idiot HA :p

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors member

Wow that's a very nice picture. That just goes to show that megapixels don't make the photo, the photographer, lighting, etc. does.

7. macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4's camera is still better.

8. macrumors member

The photos that I've seen come from the iPhone 4 have the same amount of noise, however the main advantage that the iPhone 4 cam has is the autofocus.

9. macrumors 6502

ok.. but it's better than nothing

10. Guest

AAPLaday

Come on guys anyone else want to share pics from their new device ?

11. Guest

WeegieMac

Absolute nonsense.

I'll happily post some unedited photos of my labradors in the garden, taken on my iPhone 4. There's no "noise" and the resolution and level of detail is superb.

Look, the iPod touch camera is inferior to that of the iPhone, everyone knows it, so don't make excuses to make your purchase (potential or current) more justified.

People need to stop trying to make the iPod touch 4G the iPhone 4.

12. macrumors newbie

It looks pretty poor, resolution is bad. But noise is awful and look at the chromatic aberration.

I don't want anything amazing, just something that takes pictures that don't look like a webcam shot.

13. macrumors member

The iPod's still photos aren't bad for .7mp - they hold up well with other cell phone camera stills, but they aren't even close to the quality of the iPhone's 5mp stills. Its not just the missing 4 million pixels - its the lower dynamic range, sensor blooming, inferior lens, and image processing.

Its time to face facts, the iPod snaps are just passable, nothing more.

14. macrumors 6502

15. macrumors regular

While that best buy pic did look good i think is a more apporiate picture to compare with. its a alot of noise and pixelated. Still its good for spur of the moment shots.

16. macrumors 68020

Beric

I was hoping this would be the only camera I need. I don't take photos now simply because I don't want to deal with lugging a camera around. Still, while I'm not that picky about quality, we'll have to see if these photos are up to par. Perhaps a jailbreak will open up better quality, or at least 1280x720 photos.

17. macrumors 6502

One thing I noticed, is that the picture looks better on the iPod than the monitor. I can see more blues in the sky and because it's scaled down, the quality looks more crisp.

18. macrumors 65816

fel10

Here are a few pics I just took! Sorry, the lightning isn't that great.

I will take more later!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. macrumors 68020

Beric

Naturally. The smaller you scale it, the better quality it looks. True with movies, too. ;)

20. macrumors regular

The pictures are fine. It wasn't meant to take pictures, otherwise they would have gone for that option. If it does and they are semi-decent quality, then it's good. The above pictures look fine IMO. My 3.2MP on my samsung phone sometimes takes good pictures and other times it looks horrible. Either way, I'd use the new touch mainly for HD video (of BMX, skating, etc etc). People need too stop complaining so much about the ipod touch. They aren't going to literally make it an iphone without the phone.

21. macrumors 65816

fel10

22. macrumors newbie

here's a closeup shot, no zooming

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      312.6 KB
      Views:
  23. macrumors member

24. thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the best I have seen so far, the camera seems to perform quite well with ideal lighting conditions but less than stellar in low light or even some mixed light situations.

Would be interesting to see 3 or 4 photos of the same subject using "tap to set exposure" on different light points to see what difference it makes.

Interesting that the keyboard on the shelf below is more focused than the remote, a good indication of the minimum focal length of the lens.

25. macrumors member

Sample shots

Sample pics I took today. Perhaps it'll give you an idea for the quality of the Touch's pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][