photos to CD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fjs08, Jul 13, 2006.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003
    How can I get photo's from an SD disk that was in my camera to a CD?

Is it a simple copy/paste, or is there a "burn" involved?

I'm going to get an external HD to put them on, but I want something a bit more portable too as a backup.

2. MacMarvin macrumors member

Jun 29, 2006
    You should always back important documents up onto CD or DVD. Hard drives are good for quick backups but don't rely on them. You would copy the files you want onto your computer either via a camera connection or an SD card reader. Then burn to CD or DVD. If you plan on having a collection that grows, you might be better using a rewritable CD/DVD.
  3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003
    I've been playing with it abit and found that I can burn, easily photos from iPhoto to a CD. It's quite easy.

I wanted to burn photos from an SD disk to a CD, but iPhoto doesn't recognize it as burnable. I guess the photos have to be imported to iPhoto first. Actually, it isn't a problem since I've already done this. I just don't know exactly where all those photos from the SD disks are on iPhoto since I've cataloged them in various albums. But again, it doesn't matter. I'll just burn a bunch of albums that I really want to archive to a cd. I like your idea of a rewritable disk. I'm always tweaking this stuff.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

Jan 3, 2006
    Create a new burn folder on your dektop, drag the photos from your camera into the burn folder and hit "Burn" button.