photos (upload more than one folder to ipod touch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dmn001, Dec 14, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

This is very frustrating for me. How do you upload more than one folder of photos to ipod touch? also, how to stop it from making all those 'optimised' files? i tried copying photos to the DCIM\100APPLE directory on my ipod touch but it didn't show up, although the photo counter increased.

Also, are there alternative photo applications for ipod touch, that allow easier usage??? thanks.

2. macrumors 68040

The images have to be resized in order to show them on the 3.5" display, so there's no way to prevent iTunes from optimizing these images. An iPod Photo cache folder is created in the process. For iPods which mount in disk mode (this does not include the iPod touch) there's an option when syncing photos in iTunes to Include Full-Resolution Photos checkmark.

Are you using the iPod touch with a Mac or Windows system? According to the user's manual for the latest software release, 3.1, on page 79, you can sync photos with iPhoto 4 or later, Aperture (for Mac OS), and Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 or later (for Windows). These provide ways to sync other than through Finder or Windows Explorer.

3. macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I use SplashPhoto and currently have 1172 full res pics in 39 folders, I'm using the Mac version of the desktop but am pretty sure there's a Win version.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

cool, i have windows 7. i will try photoshop elements. thanks! :)