Photoshop 7 sucks in OS 9

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, Mar 8, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Don't in stall Photoshop 7 in OS 9 in crashes every 2 minutes
    I could only install Imageready 7, Photoshop 7 won't install
    it says cooltypelib error
    and I don't have OS X yet

2. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Sorry, but I haven't had any problems when I used PS in 9. Sounds like you may had downloaded a bad copy :)

3. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

what version?

What version are you running?

they are up to b66 now. Im running b62 my self.

4. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

5. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

interesting

im going to have to boot into 9 just to see if that happens to me. I know that it works great in OS X... lookes ver pollished to me.

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

umm where are you all getting photoshop seven from? i mean if you actually purchased it then disregard this question.

7. Wire_Apple_Geek macrumors newbie

I have only a few things to say about this thread

1. Stop downloaded pirated software and maybe you will be able to get support for your problems.

2. Define the word beta for me

3. If by chance you are a beta tester for adobe you should reconsidered reading your terms of being a beta tester and posting about the product.

4. stop living in the past make the switch to OS X all the way. Down with 9!

8. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

beta

beta means that it is beta. it is not ready yet for full production.

As for OS X... yes I agree.... its all about OS X now. We dont need OS 9 anyore unless your running an ol box that just cant handle it or your in Music recording or we desine where you just dont have the Apps you need in OS X yet.

And who said anything about downloading pirat software?

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

Re: Where to get Photoshop

The last time I checked Photoshop 7 was on pre-order (or was not available for order at all). I have found Photoshop 7 for download on beta 43 through LimeWire. I also use LimeWire for music downloads.

Final note: The full file size is 200MB.

10. Wire_Apple_Geek macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Where to get Photoshop

Well that should answer the question about who is using pirated copies. Easy way to tell if you got it from adobe its legit. If not its not :D

I can tell all of of you that the real version sent from adobe works better in os 9 then ps 6 did.

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Don't judge software by the beta releases... Wait for the final/real release before you state something about it, UNLESS you make it clear that you are talking beta.

From what I have read, don't expect to see PS7 (offical release) to be available until next month. Wait until it hits either the shelves or distribution channels and you get to install it before posting that it 'sucks'.

12. j763 macrumors 6502a

Pirated Software - my $0.02

My 2 cents on s/w piracy:

Like a lot of people, I have used pirated software in the past, but I don't any more for these reasons:

- You normally run into problems with same s/n's over a network, bad copies (as above), viruses, product activation/registration and updates that check for illegal serial numbers etc.etc.

- After installing pirated software, I normally find myself trashing it or formatting my hard-drive 24 hrs after I downloaded it...

- Support the Macintosh -- buy Mac software and keep mac development going... Remember, we are only 4% of the market and it takes considerable resources for developers to code for more than one platform.

I don't care if you use pirated software -- I'd just recommend sticking with the software out of the box. At the end of the day, it's your choice...

13. Wire_Apple_Geek macrumors newbie

Re: Pirated Software - my $0.02

Hey now its 5.5% not 4% :p