Photoshop 7

Discussion in 'macOS' started by goldbrick, Aug 9, 2006.

1. goldbrick macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2006
    I have a G4 cube running OS9.2. I've been reluctant to upgrade because my reason for using a Mac is to work on some images which were scanned in with Photoshop 6 (and OS 8 point something) so I just wanted to do everything with photoshop 6. A technician in Restoring a Crash updated to 9.2 from 9.1 and photoshop 6 that was on the machine seems to have vanished and 7 which was also there I've been forced to use with no untoward consequences.

Do you knowledgeable guys/gals know if it'll be just as smooth sailing if I update the OS?

I want to clean up this machine with Applejack as someone advised me on Macforum but I can't see which Applejack download/how to go about this...With OS 9.2

Running OS X it's straightforward. The last thing I'll need tho wd be huge problems with my images now.

Just as smooth sailing?

Thanks a lot

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    I can't see why there would be a problem with upgrading.
  3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

May 18, 2004
    i've used photoshop 7 with OS 10.2 and 10.3, now I'm using it with 10.4, haven't had any problems so it should work fine for you
  4. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2006
    You can use it in OS X without any issues, you'll just have to run an upgrade application from the CD. If you don't it gives you a meaningless warning each time you start the application.