Photoshop and G5 etc

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by digitalrampage, Feb 2, 2002.

?

Your thoughts on my views

1. Cool / Accurate

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Not bad.. good thinking

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Possibly

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Probably not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Impossible / Rubbish

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. digitalrampage macrumors regular

From an apple resource.. Photoshop is coming March.. SO this certainly supports rumours.

I would say release at MacWorld in Japan and shipping in March

Another thing to add is that the new "Crystal Clear" savings on the powermacs (that has been continued on the powermac bundle until March) is no longer attached to the model you buy, but the size of screen

New screens are coming..... They must be to clear them out in such a way. April we will see the 15inch screen die from production, a new 19 inch released with the proces being

17inch $999
    19inch $1299
    22inch $2199

(in USD$)

The new screens will also harbour a new look to support the G5, as the new iMac needs to rub more elegance onto the PowerMac. People want the wall mount feature back!

My personal view on the G5, is that it may very well be black. Apple's PRO series seems to be moving to black (final cut three and advertising of G4) and everything consumer is pure white...

This will mean they can keep the black keyboard, pro speakers and mouse on the production line

Apple has been prolonging the G5 birth and will probably stunt it until April / May with the release of another consumer device at the upcoming macworld. (iPad) as many say.... but I highly doubt the iPad will replace or superseed the iPod.

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Sounds pretty realistic to me. Wooooooo! Photoshop!

3. digitalrampage thread starter macrumors regular

One other thing

If you have seen the iMac's LCD screen you will noticed it out performs all of apple's current LCD's in quality

the viewing angle of the one we saw at the Australian launch had over a 175 degree viewing angle (eg side on)

I think :cool: that apple have to update the current screen range.

Its also possible prices will drop substantially...

If you work it out, since the iMac was release they sold 6million units in 3.5 years.. thats 4700 imacs a day worldwide..

Add this to the iBook and powerbook sales and all the other LCD's apple makes and you have the worlds larget LCD buying power..

Therefore price goes down for apple's incredible bulk buying power and they may be able to get a competitve advantage on the PC market quickly over the next 6 months to a year.

(Also did anyone notice on the motorolla site that the G4 7450 is the highest model of g4 they list on their strategy picture??? therefore g5 is next in line)

4. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Re: One other thing

Good theory, but the new PowerMacs use 7455s...

5. kidtronix macrumors regular

6. digitalrampage thread starter macrumors regular

?

I found this on an apple file hotline a couple days back..

I dont know if its fake, but when i examined it in photoshop i picked up something strange... the bottom of the front of the tower there seems to be a little row of blue (????)

Is this an old pic?
    :confused:

Attached Files:

7. kidtronix macrumors regular

looks identical to the quicksilver just black front, i have to say, the quicksilver looks a lot nicer...

8. MacManiac1224 macrumors regular

Black Power Mac's

I think digital rampage is right about the power mac's going black. Making them go black would really diffrentiate the consumer line and the pro line. Well, just a thought.

9. atomwork macrumors regular

no black plz

I agree on this too.Black would look awfull.And Apple is know for it white line and white ads. Why change a beautiful CD?