Photoshop and student discount

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by From A Buick 8, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

I would like to purchase Photoshop, using the greatly reduced price offered to students (my daughter is a freshman in college). This will be use by her when she is home and then also by my wife.

I am a little unsure about all of the different versions offered on the Adobe website.

It looks like this is what i need "Photoshop CS6 Extended Student and Teacher Edition"

2. macrumors member

That would be the correct one. It has a few more options than that of CS6, hence the "Extended" version.

3. thread starter macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Thanks

4. snberk103, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

macrumors 603

Technically, only your daughter is eligible to use software, as the license is non-transferable. And while what you and wife do with the software is up to you - I am not* trying to preach about the legalities and illegalities - please be aware that you are modelling a behaviour for your daughter to learn from.

If your daughter is using Photoshop to create stuff, and if you don't want people to use your daughter's intellectual property without paying for it... then at least have the discussion with her as to why this is the exception.

5. thread starter macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Good point, maybe we will just put it on her laptop .