Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceJello

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
New to using photoshop's batch action, i am using the cs3 beta right now, maybe the cs2 is more stable?

I recorded all the actions I did on a picture and applied that to a batch of pictures. Questions:

1) why does the batch action only work on some images and there are a few that didn't work... (it was saying that some layer didn't exist... but obviously it did for the batch pics that worked)
2) is it because of the recorded actions? is there anyway to clean up the actions?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
1) why does the batch action only work on some images and there are a few that didn't work... (it was saying that some layer didn't exist... but obviously it did for the batch pics that worked)
Did the layer exist on the images where it didn't work? Photoshop actions are fairly dumb, they will try to do whatever you recorded even if the operation doesn't make sense. You really kind of have to look at the steps you have there in the palette, and uncheck or delete any steps that aren't really doing part of what you want.

2) is it because of the recorded actions? is there anyway to clean up the actions?

It's explained pretty well in the help files. You'll probably need to fire up CS2 for that, because the CS3 beta help is b0rked.

SpaceJello

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Thanks, i think i will only record actions that are for certain i want to use.
Wish there were better way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.