Photoshop cannot see printer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacKenzie999, Dec 11, 2004.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Hi everyone...

This has been a problem for a while now.

I have an HP Deskjet 932c that Photoshop CS will not recognize. I can print from other applications but not Adobe ones.

When invoking the Print command in Photoshop the window says "no printer selected. I can scroll down to Edit Printers List, which I do.

My printer is listed in the menu that comes up. I select Make Default. I ok this and return to the window and my printer is still unavailable.

I've tried removing printers from this list, using print utility to set up the printer, installing the latest drivers, and repairing permiissons. None of these things have worked.

I can print from some apps, and I can drag a file onto a desktop printer in the past (I have removed the dtp as part of troubleshooting efforts). What I cannot do is access the printer's options, such as quality settings so I can make photo prints. The deskjet is my only printer, and it's usb.

Other specs: dual G52.0, 2gb ram, OS X.3.6
    I do not have Classic installed and would like to avoid that if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    -Mike

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What possessed you to delete your desktop printer alias? Who knows what else you have done. It might be a good idea to rerun Printer Setup Utility to reinstall your print driver.

3. MacKenzie999 thread starter macrumors regular

The dtp was removed as part of a clean install of the print driver. I've tried the printer utility. Nothing has worked so far.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

My guess is that you have not yet reinstalled the MacOS X driver. Maybe you installed the MacOS 9 driver. If you use Classic, you should install both.