'Photoshop.com Mobile' Reaches One Million Downloads

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 19, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Adobe's John Nack notes that the company's free Photoshop.com Mobile iPhone application [App Store] has seen over one million downloads since its launch ten days ago. The application has dominated the App Store's lists of free applications over the entire time, holding down the #1 spot not only in the Photography category but also the overall rankings.
    There is no word yet on when the application will become available in other countries beyond the U.S. and Canada.

Article Link: 'Photoshop.com Mobile' Reaches One Million Downloads

2. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Here's hoping they add some more features!! And they don't get a big head and start charging for it! I can see it now, about every 18months or so they, meaning Adobe, release a new version and charge for it. Ughhh.

3. macrumors 68020

samh004

And to think, I was just about to go take a look, but I can't do that anymore. How silly!

4. macrumors 68000

I downloaded it from my US account, pretty nice app! Does if for me when it comes to photo editing on a phone. But new features would be nice.

5. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The first time I used it was to resize a photo. Except it doesn't seem to have that feature!

However, it did a fine job cropping another photo, and that was useful. I certainly got my money's worth.

6. macrumors 65816

I used this app this morning. I agree that more functionality would be welcome but I can't complain - the app is free :D

7. macrumors 68020

spillproof

For a free app from Adobe, the app has a good feature set.

8. macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I'd love for them to add more features to the free version, but if they released a paid version with a ton more features I'd probably buy it.

9. macrumors 6502a

aarond12

Ain't bad...

It could use some more "Photoshop"-like features, such as tint and hue, and fewer "Photoshop Elements"-like features like tinting the entire picture one color.

Sometimes the iPhone camera does a terrible job of color balanacing and it would be nice to be able to fix that. It DOES, however, do a very good job of fixing exposure issues (such as a backlight condition that the camera doesn't do well with either).

-Aaron-

10. macrumors 65816

Rojo

I would LOVE for them to offer a paid version with more functionality.
    Photoforge has a bunch of features that are like the full version of Photoshop, but the UI is wacky and it doesn't work well. If Adobe could make their own program with those features and more, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! The technology's possible...it just needs to be done in a way that works well!

11. macrumors 601

macduke

For me, Photogene takes care of the color correction and fuzziness of the images. That app, Sketchbook Mobile, and Color Expert have me covered for 90% of everything creative I'd need to do on the iPhone.

12. macrumors 6502a

Stately

The iPhone camera is the downside to apps like this. That's why I think it should just be real PS on a larger tablet device to do real editing of real photos through USB. Even out in the field you could get so much work done. :eek: :D

13. macrumors 65816

Is this comign out in the UK?

14. macrumors 6502

It's OK. I use PS every day in my field of work and the only PS tool this thing has is the crop feature.

15. macrumors 65816

Anyone?

16. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Should have gone to Specsavers. ;)