Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ringu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Hi,

Been working contentedly on photoshop all week, and then today when I've tried to cut and paste a highlighted selection (very small - about 400x40 pixels, one color) - it crashes.

I've tried a restart, run Disk Utility, unplugged my PB and taken the battery out for a few minutes....I still have this problem.

Any advice on a solution most gratefully received.

Thanks

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
• What version of Photoshop?

• Have you applied all recent updates from Adobe?

• Have you tried removing the Photoshop preferences file?

• Are you trying to paste it onto another layer or create a new one?

• Does it do this in other documents or just this one?

• What about if you copy an image from Grab and paste it into a new document, does it still do it as well?

Ringu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Blue Velvet said:
• What version of Photoshop?

• Have you applied all recent updates from Adobe?

• Have you tried removing the Photoshop preferences file?

• Are you trying to paste it onto another layer or create a new one?

• Does it do this in other documents or just this one?

• What about if you copy an image from Grab and paste it into a new document, does it still do it as well?

Thanks for your reply

Photoshop 8

I'm not sure if I have applied all updates, but I've had it almost a year and used it regularly thus far without a problem.

I've not tried removing the preference file.

I'm trying to paste into a new file - at first it crashed when I tried to paste, then it crashes when I just copy.

I think it just does it on this file. I've not tried a lot of other files, but I have tried one other file and there's no problem. (at this point, I guess it's just that particular file that's corrupted for some reason).

Not tried the Grab yet.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.