photoshop crashing after sending emails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arena, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Arena macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2004
    I had a problem on my iMac where photoshop would crash if I ran entourage at the same time and sent mail. I sent my computer to be checked by an engineer and there are no problems and so far I've not found the answer.Done disk repairs, reinstalling, etc and eventually decided to reformat.

I reformatted at the weekend and started to install everything and it seemed to be working fine again - until this afternoon.
    I made new rules in my entourage and afterwards sent a few mails and when I went into photoshop it crashed immediately. I tryed to restart photoshop but it crashed again. It gets to initilizing prefernces and quits with unknown error.

So I restarted my computer and photoshop. Opened entourage and deleted the rules. Then sent a few mails and photoshop quit again. So the problem is still there.

Has anyone come across this? Will I have to reformat again? Any ideas?

Thanks, any advice appreciated.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    I suspect that Entourage and Photoshop just don't get along and can't be run simultaneously. I did find this troubleshooting page on Adobe's site.
  3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    <smug, nonhelpful comment>Wow, a Microsoft product causing problems? That's the first time I've ever heard of that!</smug, nonhelpful comment>

Seriously, that is the first time I've heard of that and it's very very strange. The 2 applications shouldn't even be interacting with each other in a way that should cause a crash. But let's not get too caught up in the oddity of this problem and lose sight of basic troubleshooting. When an application consistently misbehaves or crashes, you should trash it's preferences and that almost always fixes the problem. Since it's Photoshop that's crashing, trash Photoshop's preferences. See if that helps.

You might also want to try OS X's mail app to see if it makes Photoshop crash. I've used that combination on half a dozen Macs without a problem, but maybe yours is different.