Photoshop CS and anticounterfeiting code

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrjamin, Jan 14, 2004.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

Not sure if this has been posted already, but have a look at this!

http://news.com.com/2100-1012-5138816.html

Pretty interesting.

I've never needeed (or wanted) to scan/edit any pictures of bank notes, but now I really want to buy CS so i can see if i can outsmart it!! Man, i'm a proper nerd...

MrJ

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

huh. im surprised at this, but thinking about it, the technology wouldn't be too hard... it says it's included in printers already, i have a brand-new Konika at work, i'll try and copy a bill tomorrow. when they installed it, there were tags *everywhere* about not photocopying money, but i never imagined it may have software to foil this.

paul

3. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

Re: Photoshop CS and anticounterfeiting code

you could use an older version of Photoshop to scan/print money to buy CS and then try it again...but only if you are a REAL nerd (other people might just take the money and go to disneyland)
    ;)

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

A proper nerd would just complain that Photoshop CS isn't open source and that they are not able to just recompile it to run under Unix.

5. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    interesting. i remember when colour copiers came out years ago that they wouldn't allow you to print on both sides for this reason (as far as i can remember)

it could also be very problematic as that report says, i remember working on an ad where we had images of bank notes, wonder if we would encounter any problems doing that with CS....