Photoshop CS - Apple + Space and others not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adriantoll, Feb 11, 2005.

1. adriantoll macrumors member

I'm having a real headache with Photoshop at the moment. For some unknown reason (possibly an unintentional keystroke on my part, although I have no idea which one) a select band of tool keyboard shortcuts, all of which are the sort that temporarily replace the current tool and stop when you let go, have stopped working. The ones I've noticed are:

Space (for the hand drag tool)
    Apple + space (for zoom in tool)
    Something + space (for zoom out tool)
    When using the area selection tool (marquee?) the keys that make the next selected area add and subtract from the current selected area

This is driving me nuts, as I use them all the time. I've chucked out my preferences to reset them, reset all the tools, trawled through the settings, all to no avail. I know it's going to be something really simple, but I can't figure out what! Help! :confused:

2. Mark James macrumors regular

Have a look at System Preferences > International > Input Menu > Options, although your problems sound more extensive.

And if you've got Entourage 11.0.0, patch it to 11.1.0.

3. adriantoll thread starter macrumors member

I can see why you'd point towards the international settings menu, but it's not just Apple + Space, it's the add / subtract single key using the marquee too. Just to be sure, I played around with the international settings, but no luck.

I don't use Entourage at all - just OS X Mail.

Thanks all the same :eek:

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Reinstall the software.

If you've chucked your preferences away then what ever settings you had are gone anyway...

5. Mark James macrumors regular

Ah well.

Before you start killing prefs, try it with a nice fresh user account.

6. adriantoll thread starter macrumors member

... and now Photoshop has started working again, without me having done anything. I think I'm going to re-install just to be sure. Thanks for your help - perhaps all it needed was good vibes :)