Photoshop CS/bulk import and export

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by m2uk, Feb 22, 2006.

1. m2uk macrumors regular

Is there a simple way to do this ? I remember doing similar a long time ago on a PC but I cannot find an easy way to do this on a colleague's Mac that has Photoshop CS (version 8) installed.
    I have several thousand digital photos from an old digital camera that used a custom format TIF file (I have installed the relevant Kodak driver so the pictures now import individually correctly into Photoshop).

What I would like to do is to point at a source directory and have Photoshop import each file and save it out as jpeg in the maximum size/resolution it can (nearest to source) in a different directory.

Browsing the options for batch and googling hasn't given me any clue and I'd rather not open and save as 6,000 plus individual files :)

Running OS X 10.4.4 if that makes any difference! Since they are personal pictures, buying some professional media workflow software might not be good. The pictures don't just import into Iphoto so that's no option. Thanks !for any help.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What you need to do is create an action and then make a droplet from it, so search CS/Pshop help for the word 'droplet'.

Then you drag your entire folder onto the droplet and have a cup of coffee while the batch gets processed.

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

It would be much easier to use lightroom to do this, you can even correct colours and rename in batch. Then just export them as jpeg.

Much better than other ways.

4. m2uk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. The droplet idea seems very complicated and a few tries didn't work but the Lightroom tip seems to be very nice and I am doing a trial export as we speak. I have not tried Lightroom before and maybe I don't need all of its features but certainly if this works I get to benefit from the free beta trial :)

Many thanks for the kind responses.

5. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Hey no worries, I'm only to glad to help. It is a great piece of software, you can use it for printing those images (either as a photo or a thumbnail contact sheet) when your done.

Happy lightrooming!

6. jrogers macrumors newbie

batch

I would just do a simple action to open, save for web, then close. Then just go to file->batch, select the origin folder and the destination folder.

I do this about twice a week with about 2-3GB of pictures. Works like a charm...