Photoshop CS crop tool not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SuAndMac, Aug 2, 2004.

1. SuAndMac macrumors newbie

All of a sudden the crop tool in Pshop is not working properly. I can crop but only by constraining (ie. the side boxes don't appear in the marquee and I cant adjust the crop.) It's like my shift key is being held down.
    Any thoughts? I thought maybe deleting preferences but is very different to OS9.
    Any help would be great.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

are you sure you didn't click on the 'constrain' checkbox?

you're using OS X, right? the preferences should be in ~/Library/Preferences, i think. i'm not on my Mac right now.

3. SuAndMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks cb911 in sunny bris. Cleared the constrain - but I know I didnt do that on purpose - cause I didn't know it was there! Must be my overzealous mouse!
    So many new things in OSX and CS
    :p

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

he he. :) well i only thought that might be the problem because i've done that before. ;) very embarassing when you call people over to your Mac to help you fix 'broken' software. :p

just don't panic when something doesn't do what you expect it to, and don't worry if you think you've 'messed' something up. there's usually a way to fix it up.

ah yes, the sun really helps you to think clealy. :) but some rain would help to stop the lawn from going brown and dying...