Photoshop CS2 Books

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JDN, Mar 25, 2007.

1. JDN
    macrumors 6502a

I would really like to be able to use photoshop to the best of it's ability. Help menu's are all well and good, but i never seem to get on very well with them, so i thought a book might be a good way to go.

At the moment i don't have PS but can use it on my universities computers and thought this would be a good way to see if it worth me spending the money for my home mac.

Has anyone got any recommendations as to good books? There seem to be quite a few out there, but i have no idea which ones are better than others. Also, if i learn all the features for CS2 i am assuming CS3 won't be dissimilar?

2. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Not a book, but a website chock-full of tutorials on Photoshop:

http://wikivid.com/index.php/Photoshop

Scott Kelby's books on Photoshop are good, and I also like ADOBE PHOTOSHOOP CS2 ONE-ON-ONE.

3. macrumors member

mromero

Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC (Paperback)
    by Martin Evening (Author)

Adobe Photoshop Restoration & Retouching (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter) (Paperback)
    by Katrin Eismann (Author), Wayne Palmer (Author)

Professional Photoshop: The Classic Guide to Color Correction (5th Edition) (Paperback)
    by Dan Margulis (Author)

Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum and Other Adventures in the Most Powerful Colorspace (Paperback)
    by Dan Margulis (Author)

4. macrumors 601

compuwar

5. JDN
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers for the recommendations guys. Ill see if i can pick up a couple second hand. Will be more friendly on my wallet!