photoshop cs2 crashes at startup, i think i deleted soemthing it needs......

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by evilg, Nov 15, 2006.

1. evilg macrumors newbie

i was having problems with an epson scanner so i deleted and reinstalled the driver, now photoshop crashes at startup. i read in another post someone with the same problem, epson scanner as well, who had moved epson folder out of the applications folder, when they returned it the problem was corrected. unfortunately i deleted the previous epson software and reinstalled it. any help would be much appreciated.

2. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

At one point does it crash on?

Do you still have the old installer?

It's really unlikely that a scanner plug-in (or lack there of) would cause Photoshop to crash...

3. goodwill macrumors regular

hey buddy.

wow. what a coincidence, i logged into the forum to post about cs2 crashing on my imac and then before i posted, checked to see the problems other people had going on and saw this post.

my cs2 had been crashing as of last night when, yep, you guessed it, i installed my epson printer drivers. for the life of me i couldnt figure out what had been causing cs2 to crash until i read right here about your epson situation and the previous person you mentioned who was having trouble with his epson scanner folder etc.

well, i went typed epson into spotlight, then highlighted everything that came up, dragged it to the trash and then emptied the trash and then went to open photoshop and BOOM, it works now. I have yet to reinstall my epson drivers etc, but at this point, the culprit has been epson and my drivers. i also logged into my library folder and deleted the epson material that was in the receipts and packages folders as well. give it a try, let me/us know how it pans out. good luck to you, i know how frustrating it is first hand.