Photoshop cs2 & cs3 crash on launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stillmotion, Mar 13, 2007.

1. stillmotion macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I am in a little ditch at the moment, and I was wondering if you could help. I was recently cleaning up my MacBook Pro and I decided to install OnyX. I nicely and surely cleaned up my system to what I wanted it to be, and I now have a faster and more efficiently running Mac.

But there is one problem I discovered a day later. I opened up Photoshop CS3 like any other day, but this day, after the blue splash screen, a message appears, and describes that CS3 has just crashed. Frantically, I raced back to the application and re-opened it, and it crashed again. After a few minutes of turning different things on and off and rebooting the machine, I still couldn't get it working.

So I resorted to re-install CS2, after a few minutes I was back in my chair ready to open the application. And to my surprise, CS2 crashed on me as well. With a headache, I checked my Error Log only to find a long list of dependent file locations and hex codes.

I am not sure if OnyX itself did something to my system, or if I myself did something to my system. I need to get my Photoshop back ASAP, and I can't work without it. Tell me if there is any way I can get this fixed up? I have restored everything back to default on OnyX and uninstalled it. I am without a clue in what I should do.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Oh dear. Try starting it from a fresh user account (create one in System Preferences) to see if the problem's restricted to your current Home folder. :)