Photoshop CS2 - Thank You Adobe!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HD303, Jul 2, 2006.

1. HD303 macrumors regular

HD303

Since I'm a convert, I had tons of software on my PC that I have to upgrade to run on mac. I've been a loyal photoshop user since 6.0. I was dreading having to spend $700 for a mac version. Anyway, I check ebay and see tons of bootleg software for sale - That's not for me.

I decide to call Adobe and see what offers they may have for converts. Was I blown away. They are sending me a full version of CS2 for my iMac! At NO CHARGE! (well, 6 bucks for shipping). I sign a Letter Of Destruction, and they send me the software. This switch to MAC is getting better everyday!

My CS2 for Windows gets shredded the day the mac version arrives.

Thank You Adobe!

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I wonder which other software manufacturers would be willing to do the same?

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Good to know.

Did you need to send your Windows PS disks, or did you just have to give them your serial number or sales receipt or something? :confused: It couldn't be as easy as phoning them, could it?

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Heard that Adobe did something like this. Thought the cost was closer to $25. Good to hear otherwise. :)

Hope MS and others are listening.

6. HD303 thread starter macrumors regular

HD303

I was instructed to download a "Letter Of Distruction" from the Adobe web site. During my phone call, they gave me a case number which you include in the letter, as well as the serial number of the Windows version. By signing the LOD, you are saying that you will destroy the Windows version of CS2 - which I will. Once you email, fax or mail the LOD back to Adobe, they send out the Mac version.

How cool is that!

7. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

That's great! More ammo- errm.. reason for more of my friends to convert in college! Ha. I already got three of them to get MacBooks..

8. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

That's really good of them, it's the way it should be.

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

the way it should be is shipping windows and mac versions in the same box, though this is a good second, blizzard has always been brilliant in this respect.

10. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Well, yes. You are of course correct. It would be better for them to ship both versions in one box, but they won't do that as different versions come out at different times. (E.g. Photoshop Elements 4 for PC was out MONTHS if not a year before 4 on the Mac... making a box for this would be difficult).

11. H.Richburg macrumors newbie

Adobe did the same for me, twice. Years ago they did it when I wnet from my Mac IICi to Windows and more recently back to Mac. I don't recall the charge but you are right, I paid the shipping only.