Photoshop Elements 3.0?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by markh, Sep 16, 2004.

1. markh macrumors member

Has any got this yet? Would it be a worthwhile upgrade from Elements 2.0?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....no, nobody has got it yet...it was just *announced* - and is not shipping until november. As for an upgrade, until they tell us what the upgrade price is (I looked at Adode earlier today as I was curious as well- all it says is to check back in October for upgrade info) it is hard to say whether it is "worth it".....oh yeah!

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

w00t! im getting pse2 in november!

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

There is also a Premiere Elements for Windows users to make movies.

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The Windows version of Elements has more features. Why? I thought Adobe was a Mac friendly company.

6. TranceClubMusic macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

Not anymore! Thats all starting to change. As Apple continues to make products DIRECTLY in Competition with Adobe - that relationship is becomming strained. For example, there are now several software titles by Adobe ONLY for a PeeCee and if it is on a Mac its lacking all the features of its PeeCee version.
    I read an article talking about how it all began with Final Cut Pro (destroying the Premire line) and now with Motion (with its price point KILLING Adobe After Affects) - Adobe will slowly move away. Once Apple makes a "Photoshop" version of thier iPhoto (a pro line version just like FCP to iMovie) I can almost garantee Adobe will go away.

(1) I hope it happens
    (2) Apple Pro line software BLOWS away Adobe
    (3) Apple's price point for Pro software KILLS Adobe.

Its all about Competition - Apple doesnt need Adobe - and time will prove that.

:D

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....just to update - the upgrade to PS Elements 3.0 is $69 via a $20 "instant rebate" through Adobe's store - good until the end of Feb 2005. The rebate is valid not just for Elements 2.0 users but for all of the "lite" Photshop pgms like Photo Deluxe, PS Lite, etc.......oh yeah!

(of course there is a catch...at least for non-usa customers....the $20us shipping to Canada pretty much negates the rebate and then some... :rolleyes: )

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

hmm...i have a really really old copy of photo deluxe 2(?) would that be eligible for the upgrade? my mom go it with her k6 pc running win 95

9. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I think so, as long as you have the s/n it came with? you can look at Adobe's upgrade page to get the scoop...oh yeah!

10. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Does everyone consider Elements a worthy replacement for Photoshop?

11. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i'd probably still go with the full version of 2.0. i can get it cheaper and not have to worry about installing it on a comp with photodeluxe on it, cause i looked and that came with a serial scanner that no longer works...

12. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

iMovie could be a worthy replacement for FCP... :rolleyes:

It's not in the same consumer range, but PSE is fast and nice, pretty handy but for hard stuff, you may not forget PS the great.