Photoshop Elements 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chameeeleon, Jan 25, 2005.

1. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

A couple of questions about Photoshop Elements 3.

First of all, let me say that Elements 2 is one of my favourite apps outside of iLife, and I use it frequently for school posters/editing images, etc. I went from not having a clue what I was doing to knowing the program generally very well in under a week (just like an Apple app in terms of ease of use I've found). However now I'm tempted to upgrade to Elements 3.

One of the things I love about 2 is that it feels very professional - just like Final Cut Express, when I'm working in Elements it gives off the feel that I might as well be in full Photoshop, and I'm not completely lost when I've used it at school. The Windows screenshots of Elements have been very ugly, seeming to try to look more user-friendly. If someone could post a screenshot of the Mac version, I'd be put at ease - can I still rearrange palettes and savour my Aqua as opposed to this look?

And, more importantly, are the improvements feature-wise worth it? The healing brush definitely is a bonus, and I know there were a couple of other things that caught my eye, although I never feel underpowered when working in 2.

Plus, what kind of upgrades are available from 2 (if any)? Can I just buy 3 off the shelf and get some sort of rebate, or does it have to be direct from Adobe?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....to answer the last question....boxed copies have a sticker on the front for a $20us/$25cdn upgrade rebate offer, which expires April 30 (good in USA/Canada/Puerto Rico only)...there is also an online "instant rebate" option until the end of February direct from Adobe. I would think though, that if you shop around for a deal - Amazon etc - you may beat Adobe's price and still get the rebate offer too....oh yeah!

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

heres a screen shot, heres something i did a few days ago...
    I like the interface, its clean and simple

Attached Files:

4. andrewfee macrumors 6502

I would say that the upgrade is definitely worth the money, it's got a lot more features, and is just a much better editor overall now.

I wasn't too keen on the interfact at first, and you can have the floating palettes, however after spending a little time with the new interface, I have to say I like it better.

It stops images from going under the palettes, and they will resize automatically to make the best use of space, depending on which ones you show/hide. You can also just hit one button to hide them all if you want to.