Photoshop Elements Deactivation

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by judgejohn82, Dec 24, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hey guys,

I currently own a retail (Windows and Mac) copy of Photoshop Elements 10.

I understand that the license is for 2 personal computers, but is not cross platform, i.e. can only be used on 2 Macs and not 1 Mac and 1 PC.

I have just ordered Elements 11, and was wondering if, when I deactivate the serial number from my Mac, can it then be used on PC?

If so, I intend to give my Windows using dad my copy of PE10

Cheers,

John

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, as you mentioned its not cross platform compatible.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply.

However, what initially confused me is that Photoshop Elements comes with both Mac and Windows discs, whereas for CS6 you must choose one or the other, so I wasn't sure if the licensing was different for this version, and could not find a definitive answer online.

4. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

You could probably block the servers from checking the E10 activation on your Mac. It's a valid number to begin with.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your input guys.

I've just tried deactivating and uninstalling PSE10 on my Mac, and tried installing it in Bootcamp and it worked fine.

6. macrumors 6502a

I have Photoshop + Premier Elements 9, and my EULA has an exclusion for Elements that allows installation on both PC and Mac, provided that only one is used at one time. The exclusion is at the very end of the agreement.