Photoshop Elements for Mac Gone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brandon6684, Mar 28, 2007.

1. brandon6684 Guest

Is Adobe ever going to release a new(intel native) version of Photoshop Elements for OS X, or has anything even been announced. For casual use, CS3 is insanly priced, and I like elements, and Photoshop seems to be the only game in town as far as native mac apps go.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Gimp ran native a week after the first Intel Macs were released. It does everything Elements will do and a lot of what PS will do. And you can't complain about the price. www.gimp.org

3. brandon6684 thread starter Guest

I mean native as in Aqua native. Maybe I should rephase, Photoshop seems to be the only option that doesn't look like crap on OS X.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

5. brandon6684 thread starter Guest

Seashore is fairly limited. It may be better than MSPaint, but that's about it.

6. tilman macrumors regular

Gimp is certainly a pretty complete image editing application, but it doesn't quite do everything that Elements does. It is missing a lot of the automated features of Elements that are favorites with casual users, like "Auto Smart Fix", "Auto Color", etc., or the automatic merging of multiple images through "Photomerge Panaroma".