Photoshop Elements

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamescwarren, May 26, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Hi. I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 on my PowerBook G4. I was wondering if I put it on a new MacBook, would it run OK? I'm only a home, every now and then Photoshop user. And also, I have seen loads of products from EyeTV and wondered which would be best to use on a MacBook. I would like the product to be able to watch and record TV (like BBC 1, 2, ITV etc...) and also plug it into my SKY Digital box so I could use it that way. I would also like to be able to record the programs and be able to plug my Playstation 2 into it. All this on which product for 2.0 GHz MacBook and for what price in pounds or dollars whichever. Thanks!

2. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, I ran PS3 on my 20" Intel iMac, 2GB of RAM and it handled it fine. For basic tasks and layers you should have no problems. Slow is each their own to say since I thought it ran about the same for the few things that I did with it. Those were a bit more than using iPhoto 6 but I did play around with trying to do some extra things that I just learned. So for those that only us it for so light photos/making cartoons (that's what I did) you should be fine and it should keep up with you :)
    The other Q's I can't answer so I hope this helps for a start.

4. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Photoshop Elements will be fine if you get enough RAM, but don't expect to multitask a lot while using it.

If you want to connect your Playstation 2, you need one of the TV tuners without lag. I believe that's Eye TV 250 (and Eye TV EZ also has little lag if I remember correctly). I'm not sure what will work with SKY, but analog TV should be fine with either the 250 or EZ.