Photoshop Elements

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wsteineker, Apr 18, 2002.

1. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Does anyone know if Adobe is planning on releasing a version of Photoshop Elements based on 7.0? I'd LOVE to eb able to edit my digital pictures natively in OS X, but I can't swing the full retail of Photoshop 7, nor do I need everything it offers. Any ideas, rumors, drunken friends that work for Adobe, etc???

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

All Adobe Apps Will Be OSX Someday

Take a look at the Adobe site

To support this revolutionary operating system, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe After Effects, Adobe GoLive, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion and Adobe Photoshop are OS X native. Customers can reasonably expect that future versions of flagship Adobe products will all be OS X-compliant.

http://www.adobe.com/products/adobesupportsOSX.html

3. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Thanks Dukestreet. I saw that on the Adobe website, but since there's no mention of Elements in particular I still thought it best to ask. I know Adobe hasn't always produced an Elements/LE version of Photoshop. First on I ever saw was a windows (LE) version back at 5.0. That gets me to wondering whether or not they're planning on releasing the product at all. It makes sense that they wouldn't release it right beside the full version so as to avoid cannibalizing sales, but I have no idea what the expected time frame might be.

4. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I too would love a PSE for OS X... but I think I might bite the bullet and go for the Web Tools Kit (that includes GoLive, PS, and two others)... it's $350 for students, which is steep, but I guess it's a good investment. Maybe I'm just impatient... :D