Photoshop file opening problems.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Feb 17, 2006.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

PB 1.25
    768mb ram
    OS X 10.4.5
    Creative Suite 1

I had a recent system crash, and I did a reinstall - using archive option to keep all my settings - this is not the first time I've had to do this, and its always worked fine.

This may or may not have caused my photoshop problems.

The problem is, I can no longer open photoshop files by double clicking on them, dragging them onto the photoshop app file, dragging them onto the dock icon, highlighting the file and choosing 'Open' in the Finer 'FILE' menu.

All of the above will open Photoshop normally, but the image file fails to load.

The only way I can open an image in PS is to use the 'Open' command in PS, navigate through the 'Open' find file menu to locate the file - the file will then open perfectly.

This is a small glitch, but VERY annoying because I cant open multiple files - I have to go through the 'Open' slog for each and every one.

Any idea brainy people:)

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The archive and install breakage is kind of famous these days :) Here is some information on what to copy from your archived system to fix it. (If you already deleted your previous system stuff, you'll need to reinstall PS.)

3. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown