Photoshop files Mac to Windows problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skubish, Feb 20, 2006.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I have searched for this and couldn't find anything.

My wife is having a problem where she uses Photoshop CS2 on an eMac at school and a windows PC with Photoshop CS2 at home. The problem is that files saved to a USB drive by the eMac are unreadable by the PC. However the eMac can read CS2 files saved by the PC. Other files(word, excel, jpegs, etc).

Is this a common problem or is there some setting I need to change to make this work?

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

There really shouldn't be any problems at all. What file format is she using?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

My guess is that your wife is using filenames without extensions on her Mac. If this is the case, then she can still open them on her PC within the PS CS2 application.

4. skubish thread starter macrumors 68030

skubish

She is trying to open them in PC PS CS2. They have extensions such at .psd or .gif or .jpg. Strange thing is they all have ._ at the beginning of the file. Yet when I look at the file on my Mac there is no ._ at the beginning. I tried renaming the file without ._ but still no go.

5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

the ._ are not the real files, I think. They are like a temproay file as it gets copied to the drive. If you look the file size it will probably be only a few KB. Check the drives, the original is has to be somewhere.