Photoshop help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by scem0, Oct 11, 2002.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I have photoshop 7, and I was wondering if there was a way I could do what my avatar does quickly. Like, say I want to have a picture of a dog spin around in circles. All I have is a picture of my dog. What do I do to make it spin around in circles without doing it frame by frame. Is there a way to set a motion path type thing. I don't need LiveMotion or whatever it's called do I? Thanks!

2. BicyclePunk macrumors regular

You can really only make an animated gif with PhotoShop 7. Best way is to make 4 to 6 copies of your dog layer. Rotate each one just a bit until the last one is almost back to the original position. Then open that image up in ImageReady and animate it. From the left make the appropriate layer visible. Then save it as optimized and there you go. Let me know if you need these directions to be more detailed.

3. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

no, those directions are fine. I was hoping there would be a way where photoshop does everything for me though :(. I am such a lazy person ;) .

4. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

This is when you need to use ImageReady. It comes bundled with PhotoShop - and is specifically for web graphics. Here you can do a Tween: alpha, motion, etc. You have frames, and layers and all the good stuff, plus you can optimize, change speed, etc.

Happy trails