Photoshop Magazine

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jimmer116, Oct 3, 2006.

1. islandman macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2006
    There's a good one called "Layers". And there's also a good one called "Photoshop User". I subscribe to both and love them both very much. Layers covers more than just Photoshop (such as Illustrator, etc), so keep that in mind. I forgot that Photoshop User only comes with a NAPP subscription, but it's well worth it to me. It's by far the best Photoshop resource I have.
  2. jimmer116 thread starter macrumors member

Sep 27, 2006

Thanks...for right now Layers looks good. Don't know about shelling out money for the NAPP membership. Maybe later for that.
  3. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    Photoshopuser is great but it's very expensive. I used to get it but found that I hardly ever used the tips & tricks. Now I just crib info if I happen to see it in the bookstore.
  4. sarae macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2004
    madison, WI
    You may want to check out your local library, either public or university (if you're a student.) They may have a subscription that you can either check out or read while you're there, and you could get a feel for the magazine. Also, what I've done is see what magazines are available to read for free, and then subscribe to one that isn't - to expand the amount you have available to you.

I've read both Photoshop User and Layers this way.. both have step by step tutorials, but I think that Layers has their source images available online for free, whereas you need the subscription to the other.