photoshop on different computers...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bslax28, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bslax28 macrumors member

i bought photoshop for my pc a few months ago. little did i know, i would purchase a powerbook 12" several months later. is there anyway to use the serial from the photoshop i have on my pc to install it on my mac (i.e. download the trial version and use the serial from my purchased copy for the pc) or do i have to re-buy it for my pbook?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Contact Adobe support... they typically allow a license transfer at little or no cost, although I don't think that you can just type in the license number in the trial version....

3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I know for a fact the trial versions dont let you put in your serial number.

Dammit.. I was just replying and someone beat me to it :)

I'd like to know if Adobe do offer the transfer of a license, as companys REALLY should do this. If they dont offer this complain till they do! At the end of the day companies are nothing without their customers.

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I believe that the Adobe Creative Suite EULA permits you to install the software onto two computers (work/home, desktop/laptop), provided they are both yours and you will not have the software actually running on them at the same time.
    You'll have to call them to find out if your PC serial number will work to activate a Mac demo verision. My guess is that you'll have to pay a $25 fee to get a Mac install CD.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If true that is good news. My wife has Photoshop CS on her PowerBook. So I would legally be able to install Photoshop on my desktop G4?

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Adobe CS EULA here, see article 2.4 at the top of page 2.

WARNING to 56K users: 2.9MB file

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

...well, your WIFE could legally install it on HER desktop........for her exclusive use......or something like that