Photoshop on Intel Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macreator, Jan 11, 2006.

1. macreator macrumors regular

macreator

I'm not looking for a rant based on no statistics or facts as I've seen in other threads -- I am simply wondering whether or not Photoshop runs in Rosetta or whether it is one of those apps that are "totally connected" with Mac OS X on PowerPC.

While I'm sure Photoshop on Rosetta isn't as wicked fast as it will be when it is a Universal binary, does anyone know what the speeds are like or will be like on a MacBook Pro?

Remember, I'm not a crazy Pro who needs my new MacBook to perform Photoshopping at the speed of a dual 2.0 Ghz PowerMac G5.

I am currently running a PowerBook G4 667 Mhz DVI. I assume Photoshop, even on Rosetta, and on a MacBook Pro, should be much faster than it is on my PowerBook DVI correct?

Thanks a lot for any help anyone can provide

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Did you watch the Keynote? The iMacs Steve was using ran photoshop to a standard that, from what you've said, would fulfill your needs easily, especially compared to what you're currently working on.

3. macreator thread starter macrumors regular

macreator

I couldn't watch the Keynote yesterday unfortunately because I was at work so I was going to watch it tonight off of Apple's site.

Thanks a lot for the info -- I just wanted to confirm Photoshop speed since I need to use it for projects and such. I pre-ordered a MacBook Pro so my computer specs shouldn't be as miserable as they are now for long.

Thanks for the help, Max!

4. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Congrats on your purchase. Based on the demonstration of Photoshop running under Rosetta, I think you're going to be plenty happy with the speed. :)

5. macreator thread starter macrumors regular

macreator

Thanks Atari! Yea, after watching some demos I am confident I'll have all the speed I'll need. It's amazing how far we've come since my PowerBook DVI :D

I'll still have a spot on my desk for TiBook though -- it's gone through a lot.