photoshop problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gary Greenberg, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Gary Greenberg macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2004
    I can open various files e.g., Word, Excel, Quicken by double clicking on the file. However, when I double click on a Photoshop CS file the program is activated i.e., the menu bar changes to Photoshop and all Photoshop windows open but the file's image does not appear. This is the only program that has this problem. Any help?? :)
  2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    I have had this problem lately too. Haven't found a solution yet.
  3. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    I also find that sometimes Photoshop does not always respond as expected. I don't have a solution other then dragging the file onto photoshop's icon in the doc.

My wife told me that she sometimes has the same issue on xp photoshop at work.
  4. pdp macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2004
    what are the file extensions? what version of photoshop is it?

if it's an older version it will not load tiff's and dng's and such w/o an update and whatnot
  5. Gary Greenberg thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2004

the file ext's are PSD and the version is CS
  6. Jonnie macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2004
    did u do an archived install? Then the problem is that one file is not copied into the new system. Macintosh HD/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe unit types. The map ScriptingAdditions with the file Adope unit types must be copied back manually from the previous system.

If u have deleted the previous system find someone with adobe cs installed and copy the file.

Or reinstall photoshop Cs.