Photoshop question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyeon, Jul 17, 2005.

1. eyeon macrumors regular

I am quite proficcient in Photoshop and the Adobe CS lineup, and have these products for years. However, there is one thing that I cannot figure out... I would like to prepare a folder full of photos for the web. I would like to set up an action, or somehow automate Photoshop (or ImageReady) to resize all of the images to 700px in the longest direction, add a white 15px border, and save the file as a high quality jpeg. I know that there is an option to automate a web picture gallery, which is close to what I am looking for, but it does not add the 15px border, and also creates thumbnails and a web environment that I'm not interested in using... I know I could just delete what I don't want, but... is there a way to set it up to do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I'm probably not the best one to answer this, but I would think that you could probably do something like this using AppleScript, but I'm not sure. Are you using Panther or Tiger? Perhaps Automator could help (I don't have Tiger :( )

Maybe some of our programming friends could help here.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I believe what you have to do is run through the process once on one image and then save your steps as an action. Don't really know, I usually am just batch-processing stuff.

4. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

As far as the border goes, couldn't you throw a 15px stroke into your action preset? Or do you not know how to make your own? I've been planning on throwing together a flash tutorial on how to do this, but for now, here's a tut on how to do it:

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/tt/actions-mov.html

5. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Make your own action.

Open PS > Actions (pallete) > New action. Now set that recording and do what you need to do with one of your pictures (i.e. resizing, creating border, saving).

Now go File > Automate > Create Batch Droplet. Now choose the set and action name where you saved the action (i know that didnt make sense :D).

You should then have a lovely little droplet, which you can drop your files onto (without even loading photoshop) and it'll do all the business for you. No Automator needed!

You may have to create 2 droplets, 1 for if the image is wider horizontally, 1 for if the image is wider vertically.

Hope that helps.