1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Photoshop: Steve's New Toys

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Doctor Q, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

This should be fun and easy.

Make what you will of one of these three frames from the Macworld keynote speech.

Photoshop Thread Rules

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 603

zelmo

You really wouldn't want me to whip out my Photoshop "skills" on these images, or any others for that matter :rolleyes:

First time I've seen the box for the mini, since I haven't had a chance to view the keynote yet. Heck, Apple's boxes look better than Dell PC's!

3. Moderator emeritus

The bottom 2 are not linking/opening properly as the full-res versions.

The top one is, though.

4. macrumors 68040

maya

That box looks like the GameCube box with the handle. :)

The facial expression on Jobs face = priceless. It basically says this is a vile/cheap product not worthy of the Macintosh name. :)

5. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

My guestimated time until the one with the mini itself is transformed into Steve holding Balmer's head: approximately 30 minutes.

** waits, check link often **

6. macrumors 603

zelmo

Funny. Reading your post made me realize I paid $300 for my PS2, and waited in line overnight for the privilege to boot. That mini is a sweet deal.
    Back on topic, anyone think that last pick would be perfect if Steve was holding Ballmer's head?

EDIT - Which one of us should be most disturbed by the fact that we had the same initial reaction/idea?

7. macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

:p

8. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, given that virtually every Photoshop contest has Balmer in it somewhere - usually right off the bat - it wasn't too much of a stretch to come up with that idea. :)

9. macrumors 68040

maya

After doing this who wants to email it to Balmer. :p ;) :)

10. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

That's because those ones are actual size as you see them above. They are small frames off the keynote webcast.

11. emw
    macrumors G4

emw

I think the second image should be of Steve holding his recently purchased piece of Virgin Mary grilled cheese off of eBay.

12. emw
    macrumors G4

emw

At least with Steve's wardrobe, cloning out areas of his shirt is pretty simple.

13. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think ThinkSecret's Nick Ciarelli would like it to show, ala "The Grinch", an X-Ray of Steve's tiny heart.

14. emw
    macrumors G4

emw

Having downloaded and viewed jobs1.jpg a little more closely, it actually appears the he is doing the Vulcan mind meld on the mini... Hmmm.

15. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

With reference to this thread ;) :p

[​IMG]

16. macrumors 603

zelmo

"Yes, Captain. It is a Mac mini, logically developed and aimed at luring potential switchers to the more elegant Macintosh OS X, predecessor of our ship's operating system."

I'm sure someone out there has a Trek outfit they can slap on Steve. Finding an image of Ballmer which makes him appear to have a mind....that'll be the hard part. :)

17. macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I did this in about 5 minutes because I have to head to class now, but hopefully tonight I will be able to do a decent rendition if I have some free time and a higher resolution picture.

Anyway, there was one more thing that Steve didn't announce until the end...

The iPurse

Attached Files:

18. emw
    macrumors G4

emw

Steve shows off the purchase he made after selling off some of his options...

Attached Files:

19. macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

You asked for it...

Here you go.
    Sorry it's quick and dirty, I'm at work...

Attached Files:

20. macrumors 68040

maya

Why does it look like Balmer's head is coming out of Steve's torso. :confused: :p ;) :D :)

21. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

Why does it look like he's pushing it lower? :eek:

22. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Think Different

Attached Files:

23. macrumors 68040

maya

Should it not read:

"As mentioned on ThinkSecret." :)

24. macrumors 68040

maya

Then you would see the back of Balmer's head. :p ;) :D

25. macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Oh dear, we're taking Photoshop-ing to new heights now!
    (or new lows...)