Photoshop Users!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ShaolinMiddleFinger, Jul 18, 2002.

1. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Now if your a graphic designer or just a regular PS7 user like I am, do you know if there's any Photoshop plugins that work for OS X?

2. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

There are a few, and of course I forget all of their names. One that sticks in mind is a scanning plugin that allows use of almost all major scanners, gets great quality scans, and is easy to use. It runs about $200. I can find out the name of it for you in a day or two.

-Pete

3. ShaolinMiddleFinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Wow... I haven't used my scanner for a couple months.... I would love to use it under OSX.... just list the plugins and/or filters that can be used under OSX and it will definately help me a lot. Thanks!

4. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

if you can get eyecandy 4000, its has so many things you can do and its pretty cheap

6. ShaolinMiddleFinger thread starter macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I had eyecandy 4000 for OS 9. Will it work for OS X also or do I have to buy another version

7. Choppaface macrumors 65816

eyecandy is pretty good, but the filters really work best for very specific tasks, and they're not very original. KPT effects (aka KPT 7) I believe has had its bugs worked out and now works with OSX, and IMO the KPT filters are top notch. not just for UI, but they're excellent helpers for generating textures and other things that can be used for a variety of projects. it's sad that they couldn't bring all the KPT versions over to OSX....

8. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

what happened to xenofex? they were my favorite. i havent found any of the other ones to be worth their price.