Photoshop $

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dualburn001, Mar 28, 2002.

1. dualburn001 macrumors regular

What's the lowest price right now for photoshop through an education discount? It could be with a bundle, or anything, but I need it cheap.

Thanks.

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Lowest I've seen (Educational) = $322 full, $142 upgrade

3. gooddog macrumors regular

Wow !!! Where ??? Photoshop Academic ??? !

Where did you see this ???

I've been searching for an academic Photoshop license and haven't had any luck.

---gooddog

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Wow !!! Where ??? Photoshop Academic ??? !

I got the quote from the purchasing dept at my school. If you look at Apple's Educational Store you can find it for $349 full, $149 upgrade.

5. Pablohoney26 macrumors newbie

I think the best deal is to buy the Adobe collections with an educational discount. Check this out http://www.journeyed.com/. You should be able to get four programs for $360. Not a bad deal.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What about Photoshop Elements? Its got almost everything you need at a great price < $100 at street price. It would most likely be less with a student discount.

If money is tight, this might be a good solution until you can upgrade later.

7. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Actually they say $288...and shipping April 12th!

9. Pablohoney26 macrumors newbie

If you are going to spend $290 you might as well get the whole package for $350. That is if these other programs interest you.

10. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

As long as they have a free upgrade option, since the packages ship with PS 6.

11. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

welll i dont ned 7 i would be fine with 6

12. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Sorry, I assumed you meant 7. But why would you not go for 7 since it's coming out soon and the price is pretty much the same?

13. Pablohoney26 macrumors newbie

Yes, you get a free upgrade to PS7, also they all run in OSx and OS9. If you do any kind of graphics work, I would say get the web or design collection. Depending on what kind of work you do.

14. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

I probably should but then I was looking at the web package and it had photoshop 6 in it and I couldn't figure out if it inlcuded the free upgarde to 7.

15. gooddog macrumors regular

OOoPPPPSSsss!!! ABOUT MAYA :(

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!

This is great. I also found Maya Complete for $500 and for $600 with a bundle of tutorials etc. -- maybe soon we'll get fur & cloth for Mac.

I just got my FP iMac with the works and have 4 weeks off where I teach.

Got great ideas for animated tutorials in (ugghhh) long division and fractions.

I think this could be heaven !!!!

:D

My little carnivores will love you for this.

---gooddog

PS -- I CALLED JOURNEYED , IT TURNS OUT $500 MAYA IS ONLY A "ONE-YEAR LICENSE" AND THE S/W WILL SHUT DOWN AT THE END OF A YEAR AND BECOME USELESS UNLESS YOU PAY AGAIN ( AS PER SHAWN AT JOURNEYED CUST.SERV.). THIS BLOWS ME OUT OF THE WATER. But Oh, well -- Lucky that FCP 3 owners get a free MAXON Cinema 4D GO download with which to animate.

16. maclaren macrumors newbie

The Micro Order Center at the University of Illinois lists Photoshop 7.0 for only $253, and the full Web collection for $275. You have to be part of the U of I to order through them, though.

- Scott