Photoshop!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jermsmingy, May 2, 2002.

1. jermsmingy macrumors regular

2. iGav macrumors G3

I've got PS7, Illustrator 10, Flash MX, FCP 3, After Effects 5.5 all on the way to me as we speak..... I'm itching to get my hands on all of the above..... :D ;)

Especially AE 5.5 and PS7.....

I just need Director for X now..... :D

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: Photoshop

I am still running Photoshop b43....runs fine...I do want to get the full release version at some point....just cannot afford to spend that much money of software presently...

is it any faster than the builds....if u had used them??

4. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Don't you just love spending as much on the software as you do for the hardware? You're going to have quite some fun with that stuff i should imagine :D

Eye: b66 is noticably faster than b43, so i should imagine that the final product is even better! Probably well worth the upgrade money. Mind you, the beta seems to work near-perfectly already. It's hard to see how they could have improved upon it in such a short time.

5. iGav macrumors G3

I've only bought a couple, the others are from a client........... as a gift for a project I was working on...... I kept saying how much better the new software was... etc etc......

So when I invoiced them........ I got payment, and a note to say expect delivery of said software by the end of the week.....

Cracking!!!! ;) :D :)

6. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Re: re: Photoshop

The builds and final release have subtle nuances. Nothing that I could really see, just icons and splash screens, but I'm not a power user.

If you can't get a final release any time soon, then try upgrading to a higher beta build. There really is no difference, other than the peace of mind that a final release gives.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I may opt for b66 for the time being...

hopefully the beta won't expire like Illustrator 10's did... :rolleyes:

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

I wanted to try out beta 43 for Photoshop, but the file size was 200MB. I figured that with the slow dial-up that tests people's patience more than Chess, along with mine, I will stick with PS6 until I get the upgrade in full to 7.

Any time is a great time for iPod.