PHP Developers

Discussion in 'Community' started by rice_web, May 3, 2003.

1. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

How many PHP developers are there on this site? I'm sure plenty surf the boards, but PHP is so rarely mentioned.

I, for example, am currently working for my school district to produce free, easy-to-use applications for schools with included programs for students (planners, automatic homework lists, etc.) and teachers (calendars, ToDo lists, notepads, homework assigning, etc.). All this is provided with a massive database of links to educational resources on the internet.

What's your PHP experience and what projects have you done?

2. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Well, I'm not a PHP developer yet, but I'm currently learning it.

I'm planning to use it for my own web sites for practice before attempting any "real" projects.

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm a fledgling developer. Self-taught, yada, yada, yada...

PHP is my first programming language, and it's been pretty fun to learn.

My projects range from simple includes and counters for web pages to form info going to and from a MySQL DB. I'm writing my own blog and I've got a project at work where users can submit info and we can build pages for them dynamically.

Also, if I ever get around to it, I'm working on a stats page for the Folding team, and I've done some work with PHP and Flash for a project everyone should be seeing soon. :)

4. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

same here, still learning php and mysql
    only made blogs, chats etc. so far.

5. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

i'm still learning (again, self taught). Did http://www.cathyburton.co.uk/ which is all dynamic. Working on another project at the moment which is far more impressive.

hoping to have it done by the end of the week - will post more later.

6. backspinner macrumors 6502a

It's mainly my hobby, but some times I also earn money with it: database driven internet sites. Technology used: mysql and php.

I'm quite bad in design and my only drive is to make things work. My nicest example: http://www.triathloneindhoven.nl

Others provide the content, and the scipts just make it show up on the public pages.

7. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth