Physical iPhone 6 Mockup Compared to Galaxy S5 in New Images

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 2, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Earlier this week Italian site Macitynet shared images of a high-quality physical mockup of the iPhone 6, based on earlier design drawings and renderings. The site has now shared [Google Translation] a new series photos comparing that mockup to a Samsung Galaxy S5 display model, showing how Apple's larger iPhone might stack up to Samsung's flagship offering.

[​IMG]
    Samsung's Galaxy S5, released in April, has a display size of 5.1 inches, along with a thickness of 8.1mm. That makes it both larger and thicker than the iPhone 6 mockup, which appears to have a display size of 4.7-inches. While the thickness of the mockup cannot be determined, rumors have suggested the iPhone 6 will be thinner than the existing 7.6mm iPhone 5s, possibly between 6.5 and 7mm.

[​IMG]
    The mockup in the photos was reportedly created by a case manufacturer and is said to be a "final" version used to make sure cases and accessories will fit Apple's iPhone 6, which means that it could be a solid representation of what we can expect from Apple's larger phone.

Several design elements that have been seen in other case models and mockups are present in this high-quality mockup, including rounded edges, rectangular volume buttons, a rounded rear flash, a protruding camera, and a power button located on the right hand side of the device for easier one-handed use. ConceptsiPhone (via BGR) has compiled many of Macitynet's photos into a video, showing the mockup next to an iPhone 5s and an iPhone 4s.

Apple's 4.7-inch iPhone is expected to launch in the fall months, possibly as early as September. Along with a thinner frame and a larger display, it is also expected to include an A8 processor and camera improvements. A second 5.5-inch iPhone is also rumored to be arriving several months later due to production delays.

Article Link: Physical iPhone 6 Mockup Compared to Galaxy S5 in New Images

2. macrumors regular

joshwenke

Reminds me of when that other iPhone was released. Maybe it's just Apple releasing it so people talk more about it? Free publicity perhaps? :p

3. macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors 68000

jetjaguar

6. macrumors regular

designaholic

Double do...

sorry.

7. macrumors 68040

boshii

8. macrumors regular

iSteve-O

....and it's gonna be slower than the iPhone 5S ;)

9. macrumors regular

Hahaha leakers go so overboard with their leak videos. Ending the video with the apple logo, each slide synced to the overly-emotional music ahahahahaha

10. macrumors member

INB4 Samsung sues Apple for enlarging their iPhone screen size

11. macrumors 68030

I am by no means partial to any phone at this point but I must say the iPhone looks like it will be a lot sleeker and feel sturdier.

12. macrumors 68040

so thats why Apple will stick with 4.7" instead of 5", because Apple isnt ready to remove/redesign the hombe button so with a 5" the dimensions of iphone 6 will be bigger than current S5. I think the next iphone 6 will have the same dimensions like Galaxy S4(but thinner)

13. macrumors regular

Is the home button really all that iconic for Apple to keep it?

Just wondering...

14. macrumors regular

polterbyte

Even the leaked video aims to be like an Apple production. Now that is brand loyalty.

15. macrumors 6502

16. macrumors 6502

Oh Apple, please use this as the iPhone 6's design. This is too perfect.

17. macrumors 6502

It's also the fingerprint scanner

18. macrumors 65816

Still too small. I am enjoying my note 3 though. I can see the text on it it's great!

19. macrumors 604

bushido

too much money went into R&D of that fingerprint sensor and unless they already come up with a way to have it built into the screen i dont see it going away anytime soon unfortunately.

so much wasted space! its almost bigger with a smaller screen ...

20. macrumors 6502

Looks like Apple needs to change the shape/size of the home button. Its taking up too much bezel realestate

21. macrumors member

Well you all asked for a bigger iPhone.
    Still a small screen/ comparing to the almost same size S5. But it is a bigger iPhone. (rickroll)

I really dislike it to be this size. A real redesign should give us a 4.5-5 inch screen and still be tiny-ish as the iPhone 5(c/s).

I know, these are rumours. But so were the 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c leaks/ rumours.
    Sincere hope either these are fake or a new 4 inch version will see the light.

22. macrumors 6502

Bigger is better.
    Ford Excursion>Ferrari 458 Speciale :D

23. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Thank god Apple is designing the next iPhone and not case makers.

And people complain about too many Angela Ahrendts articles...

24. macrumors 601

Traverse

I don't like the curved sides in any of these mockups. If it was curved like the iPad or iPod, but all these mockups look like the iPhone is in a small Apple bumper.

25. macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Why are they saying leak? Thats not a leak its a mockup! I'm so tired of these. And why are they trying to make ads like Apple-style?.
    lol