Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Is it at all possible to buy the actual DVD for Lion?

I run about 100 dual boot macs at my work and roll out over the network via an OSX Server. Can I buy 100 Lion licences for next years upgrade or do I have to go to the app store on each iMac and buy Lion?

I really hope the physical DVD is available as upgrading 100 will be a nightmare.

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
If you need 100 licenses, Apple has a special method of obtaining Lion for your 100 Macs. Not sure how it works, but I'm sure theres something on their website. I know that you don't use the App Store on all of them.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
I can burn it myself but I will still need to purchase 100 for it to be legal.

I have had a look on the Apple store but can't find anything in the Education store at all, for snow leopard there is the dsic version and the family pack(which cannot be used in business or education) but nothing at all for lion, just a link to the app store.

Googling just brought me back results about people wanting to buy actual lions haha.

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I can burn it myself but I will still need to purchase 100 for it to be legal.

I have had a look on the Apple store but can't find anything in the Education store at all, for snow leopard there is the dsic version and the family pack(which cannot be used in business or education) but nothing at all for lion, just a link to the app store.

Googling just brought me back results about people wanting to buy actual lions haha.

OS X Lion for Business and Education

Found this from google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.