Physics-Based Game 'Piloteer' Named App of the Week, Available for Free

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 28, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Challenging physics-based game Piloteer has been named Apple's App of the Week, and as a result, it's available to download for free for the first time since it launched in June of 2015.

In Piloteer, the goal is to navigate a jetpack-wearing inventor through three gameplay environments to complete a series of 60 missions. Piloteer's tap-based controls are easy to grasp but difficult to master, so the inventor spends a lot of time being flung around and crashing to the ground in a heap of limbs.

Along with Career mode for completing missions, Piloteer also includes a Free Fly mode and a series of GameCenter achievements to earn.

Piloteer will be available from the App Store for free for the next week. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Physics-Based Game 'Piloteer' Named App of the Week, Available for Free

2. chrismail627 macrumors regular

chrismail627

3. rstone3 macrumors member

And worth just what you pay for it! Deleted. Fans of Flappy Bird - you may like this. Same idea as it is near-impossible to control initially and, to me, not worth the investment of time to get good at it. Life is too short!

4. goobot macrumors 601

goobot

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

This is the same developer behind Pivot and Polymer BTW.

Inverting the controls made a huge difference for me. I'm already fed up after getting to the "Do a backflip and land" mission though. :mad: :oops:

6. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

I can tell by looking at the trailer video that I will not like this game! Looks very frustrating!

(I did enjoy the previous free game of the week ... the text adventure one, "Lifeline". Good story telling)

7. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Lifeline is brilliant, I went and bought the sequel. A nice change from all the platformers/endless runners/cool graphic-battery killer/freemium garbage polluting the app store.

8. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

After about 15 minutes of randomly tapping the screen, desperately pretending that I was making some kind of progress, I deleted it. It's like Flappy Bird meets QWOP.

9. NY Guitarist, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

Exactly my take too.

This isn't for me.